The Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) and Professional Financial Advisor (PFA™) designation education programs are regularly reviewed by The Institute of Advanced Financial Education in light of ever-evolving knowledge, ability and practice behaviours necessary for financial advisors and planners to perform competently and ethically. Beginning in Fall 2022, the Institute will introduce new content into the CLU and PFA curricula. Existing CLU® and PFA™ credential-holders and students who completed the programs prior to the implementation of these curriculum changes will be required to complete Continuing Education (CE) covering this content:
- The Canadian financial services marketplace and regulatory environment
- Product knowledge and services provided by financial professionals to clients
- Ethics and professional practice, including conflicts of interest
- Financial planning knowledge and skills, including soft skills such as human behavior
- Compliance and regulatory topics such as client focused reforms, know your client and product
To learn more about the frameworks for practice competency and practice behaviours and how they are aligned with continuing education, see Practice Guidelines for Financial Advisors and Planners.
For more information please email email@example.com with the subject line “Curriculum Updates”.